- How to customize the Firefox Web Console output
- Web Console improvements, episode 30
- Three years with Mozilla, and counting
- The Browser Console is replacing the Error Console
- Web Console improvements and the new Browser Console
PaintWeb in Internet Explorer
Article published on:26 June 2010, 20:08
Three days ago we received great news from Microsoft: the third platform preview release of Internet Explorer 9 includes support for the Canvas 2D Context API. Canvas comes into IE 9 together with numerous other platform improvements.
These days I have been working on my open source project, PaintWeb. I am quite excited to see it running quite well in MSIE 9.
Go ahead and try the PaintWeb demo page in Internet Explorer 9!
What works? Almost everything. Known issues:
globalCompositeOperationproperty is not yet supported by MSIE 9. The Color mixer visualization looks a bit weird because of this.
If you change the
canvasElem.style.width/heightproperties the Canvas element is cleared. This is wrong and breaks the implementation of image load and zoom. Check a minimal test case.
- The PaintWeb integration into TinyMCE demo page fails to work. It seems that TinyMCE 3.2.5 fails to work properly in MSIE 9. I shall upgrade it to the latest version, and thus update the PaintWeb plugin as well.
You may also check the PaintWeb change log, for more details.
Any feedback is welcome!