- How to customize the Firefox Web Console output
- Web Console improvements, episode 30
- Three years with Mozilla, and counting
- The Browser Console is replacing the Error Console
- Web Console improvements and the new Browser Console
Article published on: 26 June 2010, 20:08
Three days ago we received great news from Microsoft: the third platform preview release of Internet Explorer 9 includes support for the Canvas 2D Context API. Canvas comes into IE 9 together with numerous other platform improvements.
These days I have been working on my open source project, PaintWeb. I am quite excited to see it running quite well in MSIE 9.
What works? Almost everything. Known issues:
globalCompositeOperationproperty is not yet supported by MSIE 9. The Color mixer visualization looks a bit weird because of this.
- If you change the
canvasElem.style.width/heightproperties the Canvas element is cleared. This is wrong and breaks the implementation of image load and zoom. Check a minimal test case.
- The PaintWeb integration into TinyMCE demo page fails to work. It seems that TinyMCE 3.2.5 fails to work properly in MSIE 9. I shall upgrade it to the latest version, and thus update the PaintWeb plugin as well.
You may also check the PaintWeb change log, for more details.
Any feedback is welcome!
Send me a comment
Any comments are welcome! No field is required, except the message itself. If you want me to reply, include your email address.
Comments will not be displayed in this page! This form only sends your message to me.