- How to customize the Firefox Web Console output
- Web Console improvements, episode 30
- Three years with Mozilla, and counting
- The Browser Console is replacing the Error Console
- Web Console improvements and the new Browser Console
Article published on: 29 July 2006, 17:34
I'll try to keep this blog post short: RSS is crap.
- RSS is not only one file format. RSS refers to multiple file formats which resemble each other.
- Thus, various RSS versions are incompatible.
- There are around 10 incompatible versions as of writing this. maybe I don't even know them all. By the time you read my post, there might be more.
- RSS 2.0 is good, it serves its purpose.
- RSS 2.0 is not crap.
- Same goes for any of the versions you pick.
- Problem is the entire RSS.
- Thus implementation is suddenly hard, for a supposedly simple format.
Solution: use Atom wisely:
- It's as easy as RSS 2.0, if you ignore all the other capabilities you don't need.
- It's better documented.
- It's easier to implement.
- It's not crap.
Send me a comment
Any comments are welcome! No field is required, except the message itself. If you want me to reply, include your email address.
Comments will not be displayed in this page! This form only sends your message to me.