- How to customize the Firefox Web Console output
- Web Console improvements, episode 30
- Three years with Mozilla, and counting
- The Browser Console is replacing the Error Console
- Web Console improvements and the new Browser Console
Article published on: 19 March 2007, 20:31
We have enabled registration confirmations, such that moderators will approve each account, however that is not enough. New accounts, even if inactive, are public and the profile can be viewed. Spammers also abuse the profile.
Once the patches I have made are applied:
- inactive users will not show as the "newest registered user";
- the members list page will no longer show any profile information for inactive users;
- the profile of inactive users can no longer be viewed.
This practically makes account registration useless for spammers.
The package contains 3 files:
For these patches to be effective, enable registration confirmation in the administration module.
Tested with phpBB 2.0.22.
To install the patches:
- On Linux use:
patch <filename.diffin the given folder
- On Windows: you figure it out :)
Send me a comment
Any comments are welcome! No field is required, except the message itself. If you want me to reply, include your email address.
Comments will not be displayed in this page! This form only sends your message to me.