22 June 2009, 08:29
Since my previous blog post I have been doing lots of changes under the hood. Lots of them broke PaintWeb badly and made it unusable for about two weeks - sorry for the lack of updates.
Now PaintWeb is back in a better shape and close to being complete. Here's the list of changes:
- new user interface.
- some new icons and a new PaintWeb logo.
- keyboard shortcuts work for all tools and commands properly - no issues like in previous PaintWeb trunk builds.
- lots of new API for registering new tools, extensions and commands into PaintWeb.
- I changed the entrance to PaintWeb. Now users have to load a demo page which has minimal code for integrating PaintWeb.
- made the Text tool to work in Opera 9+ and Firefox 3.0 as well. Unfortunately, there are some Opera-related bugs in the Text tool - changes might come.
- rendering shadows works again in browsers which have support for it (Chrome, Firefox 3.5, Safari, Konqueror).
- changed the selection marquee - now it's a nice dashed border.
- added the option to crop the image to the size of the current selection.
- several bug fixes related to editing huge images (say 6000 x 6000 pixels).
- lots of other bug fixes and minor changes.
With all that I have completed the code reorganization and I have almost completed the implementation of the new GUI. This week I am working on the updated color mixer, after which I will work on the PaintWeb packaging scripts.
Anyone is welcome to provide me with feedback, suggestions, and bug reports. Thank you!